Wednesday 22 July 2015

Courgette and Goat's Cheese Frittata

Served with ratatouille 


I saw a recipe that caught my eye by Rachel Allen in the Sindo mag (Sunday Independent to the uninitated) a couple of Sundays ago. It was for the above. Now I find it really difficult to follow a recipe but I did almost follow this one. I had less courgette than that specified and it said to use 8 eggs but I used 6 because 4 were duck eggs which are quite big.

Anyway I thought it was a nice recipe but it could do with some improvement so I changed it slightly adding less courgette and a lot more goat's cheese. I have made it a few times lately and even brought it with me as a contribution to a lunch where it was very well received.

It's very quick and easy and you can basically use any summer vegetable not just courgette. I added leek and it was delicious.

Recipe
1 large green or yellow courgette grated down to seeds (discard the core)
1 leek finely sliced
1 clove of garlic
Some fresh oregano or flat leaved parsley chopped
6 eggs
a splash of milk or cream
salt and pepper
100g goat's cheese

Fry the courgette and the leek and garlic in some olive oil and butter until softened. Add the oregano. Pour the beaten eggs and cream over. Dot some goat's cheese through the mix and then slice some on top. Cook for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a pre-heated grill until just firm. Keep an eye on it.

Serve with a green salad and some seasonal veg.



With yellow courgette and leek 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love talking food.